No Regrets...Or are there??
We've all been asked this question a million times..."What's your biggest regret?". Most of the time we're caught off guard and say what we're supposed to say as healthy well-rounded people..."Well, I don't have any." Oh how wonderful life truly is, and isn't it great that I've made such great decisions in my life that there is not one single thing that I regret!?! Are we really supposed to die not having one single thing in our lives that we wish we'd done or hadn't done?? Sure - learn from experiences and grow, but couldn't it have all been spared if certain things went just a little different, or easy. So, I'm gonna be "real" here and lay it out there in a way I like to express my thoughts best : A LIST:) And not to say these are bad, just to name a few...
- Trying to be a "grown-up" ever since I was aware that there was such a thing. I wish I'd enjoyed being "innocent" a lot longer.
- Not nurturing friendships. Not taking the time to make phone calls, hang out, write letters, return phone calls. Do everything to make sure those friends who love me know that I love them too.
- Hanging onto someone long after I was ready to let go just because I was afraid he'd feel like I did - empty and alone.
- Knowingly dragging someone along with me as I played games with another. I honestly loved both people and regret not telling the other person of the second much sooner.
- Not being able to drink in Jamaica. I was 6 months pregnant - that I don't regret, but do wish I could have partied a bit more :)
- Not moisturizing and strengthening my tummy more. I'm definitely paying for it now.
- Not keeping my eyes closed a bit longer when listening to a great song with a great friend.
- Teaching my daughter how to "scratch" her nose if it's itching so she would quit making me rub her nose. Now everywhere we go she's constantly picking her nose.
- Teaching my daughter how to take care of the "wedgie problem." Refer to #8 and I'm sure you can conclude why.
- Letting my husband spray round-up on the weeds around my plum tree in the front yard. (it too was rounded up:()
- Not finishing college.
- Letting a grudge ruin a wonderful friendship long before its' time.
- Not punching that bitch and kissing and making-up the next day.
- Not at least sending flowers if I couldn't be somewhere for someone important.
- Not keeping up on my laundry. I swear my life is consumed by it!!
Stay tuned, I'm sure more can be added. Despite all of my would've(s) and could've(s), I honestly couldn't go back and change a thing, simply because of what that would do to today, but if things could have been different without changing my "now", I'd be fine with that:)