Monday, October 31, 2005

I’m just not a “pretty girl”…

I’m just not a “pretty girl”. when I say this I don’t mean to insinuate that I’m unattractive, that’s a matter of opinion. What I mean is that no matter how hard I try to keep up on my highlights in my hair, or on my hair cut, or vow to put make-up on and shave my legs at least every other day, I just don’t want to! It sucks!! None of it makes any sense - your hair just continues to grow wasting the $20 you spend to have it cut, the $70 you spent on the highlights just fades away with every shower…make-up makes you pretty for a few hours, but Heaven forbid you don’t take it off at the end of the day, then it bites you in the ass and you need twice as much the next day. And shaving your legs…are you kidding me?!? This is the worst of them all! It takes forever, you have to be a contortionist to reach every spot and if you miss a spot it’s the same spot every time and before you know it that one spot turns you into a gorilla. Then there‘s irritation and you guessed it start all over again the very next day!! Weight-we all know that one…for me it’s particularly tricky- I want to be thinner to wear cuter clothes, but I didn’t have the money to splurge on clothes when I did get thinner, so I bought a few things and found that I’d rather wear my old more comfy “fat” clothes. So, go figure! What it all boils down to is that no matter how hard I try to keep up, ultimately it’s a losing battle. Inevitably I will die with hairy legs, little to no make-up, and hair that’s a bit too long with dark roots. I just don’t have the interest to do it. I’m just not one of the - oohooh!- let’s go get pretty girls, but I’m fine with the way I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I think you are beautiful with or with out makeup, highlight, or smooth legs!! I agree on all of the above..except, Laurie does my highlights so it's only $10. I don't like to shave my legs either, and do not do so too often, cuz ya know if you let it grow long enough you dont even feel it anymore and they "feel" smooth even if they are not! Plus it's winter time, who shaves in the winter????

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home